Tuesday, April 28, 2009

#9 - Internet

I began working on finding the perfect Internet site weeks ago when I saw it on the list of items to add to our blog. Unfortunately, I only needed to add one! I searched through Google by using my basic search terms of : children's books/literature and parent involvement. With browsing through the many hits, I came across a lot of great sites to recommend for parents to use to help their child select books or share with children. Earlier this month, I attended a workshop by Dr. Peggy Sharp entitled, "What's NEW in Children's Literature and How to Use it in Your Program". Dr. Sharp has developed an extensive list of new books for librarians and teachers to share. She has a website: www.peggysharp.com where you can see her yearly lists of great books but, I mention this website because it helped me find the website I wanted to include in my blog. Dr. Sharp also recommends websites for promoting reading. This is where I made a connection to something she suggested and one that I had come across in my search. The Children's Literature Network at www.childrensliterturenetwork.org , is an excellent source for librarians, teachers, aspiring authors or illustrators and parents to view. It has lists of recommended books for different ages, information on authors, and many ways to get in touch with authors. I like this website because it is for the person seeking information about good literature to share with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment