Sunday, April 26, 2009

#7 - Image



For this part of our course, we are to add an image to our blog that represents our theme. My theme for this blog is to connect parents and students with good books/authors. With summer fast approaching, I am beginning to think about what to do with my two kids and what example I need to set for my students. I want to advertise the importance of taking the time to read this summer. So, I am posting the theme for the Summer Reading Club for this year. The theme is "Libraries:Deep in the Heart of Texas". http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/projects/trc/2009/use.html

I plan to meet many of my students at the public library while I am visiting the library program with my own kids. The summer reading program is such a great way to keep kids reading, with parents, during the summer.

I hope to have my school library open at least one day a week for kids to come in and check out books. I would also like to have a book club for books on the Bluebonnet list for next year to give students a head start in reading all 20 award winning books. So, that is why I am adding a picture of my school library.

No comments:

Post a Comment