Sunday, April 26, 2009

#8 - Research Visual/Multimedia

How important is it that students read everyday?
This chart that I found, by searching through Google Images, comes from the newsletter for the school, Sherwood Forest, written November 5/6, 2008. It explains to parents the correlation of the time reading, the number of words read, and the percentile rank achieved according to the time spent reading.
http://schools.fwps.org/shf/newsshf/newsletter/11.5.08.pdf

It clearly proves that the number of minutes spent reading, not only increases the number of words read by the student, but also increases their success on standardized testing.

Another visual that I would like to add was found while browsing through Google Images, also. While just looking for any kind of picture that would show families enjoying reading together, I came across the advertisement for Highsmith/Upstart's Masters of Reading pictures. After contacting Highsmith/Upstart, I was granted permission to post their version of my favorite piece of artwork. This is Georges Seurat's : Sunday Afternoon on the Island of LaGrande Jatte. They have added books into the hands of all the people visiting in this park. I chose this picture, not only because I love it, but because it added my two favorite loves (the other being books/reading). This day in the park shows that family reading is very essential to all.


Copyright information given from company : ©Lab Safety Supply, Inc.
I apologize for the coloring but, even with their permission, I cannot get the picture to come through in perfect color.

No comments:

Post a Comment